- Take Beetle to have A/C serviced by nice, if not slightly crazy, men at small, independent VW shop in seriously sketchy and hood-like part of town because Mike Steven Volkswagen, the local dealer, is working for Satan. Try not to pass out from heat exhaustion on way there.
- Avoid car shopping for a night, no matter how strong desire may be. Even though real reason avoidance is occurring is because car will be at shop, thus no method of transportation will be available.
- Dream of new car incessantly.
- Read edmunds.com incessantly (though obviously not at work because that would make Really Cool Boss unhappy).
- Pray that cost of repairing air conditioning falls more into the "two hundred bucks" range than the "one thousand bucks" range.
- Test drive Nissan Versa and maybe check the Mazda 3 again. And the Scion. And maybe the Prius, which I can't afford, but want to drive again just because I loved it so very much.
- Buy new car.
- Stop being obsessive.
- Find new thing to obsess over. Preferably something less costly.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
The updated plan goes a little something like this: