Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'll Sing for Free


My mom is convinced that I need to be on The Singing Bee.

I'd do it just to hang out with Joey Fatone, but that's just me.

Plus, you know, I have previous game show experience. And a six-CD Time/Life collection of classic rock favorites as my consolation prize.

I actually called the hotline for The Singing Bee casting department tonight just to satisfy her and to see what happens. I'm a good game show contestant. I'm energetic. I laugh at myself. And you can bet that I will belt it out and sing like I've never sung before. Whether I know the lyrics or not.

I mean, I'm the girl who thought "Papa Don't Preach" was "Bubblegum Street" until early adulthood.

2 comments:

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik said...

You aren't the only one who misheard those lyrics...

a quick look on
kissthisguy.com, a site for mistaken lyrics, found someone else who heard bubblegum in there! ;)