Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday Dinner

Insalata Caprese is one of my favorite salads ever. It's beautiful (tricolore - meaning it has all of the colors of the Italian flag), easy to make and so very summery. I put my chef hat on this evening and got busy:

In case you were interested, the ingredients are simple: high quality tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, good olive oil and freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste. Easy and yummy.

Even better, pair it with a glass of wine. Because I'm still on my quest to drink every Sauvignon Blanc at the liquor store, I chose to pop open this fantastic 2006 White Haven Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (about $18). It's one of my all time faves. If you like a light, crisp and slightly dry white wine, this is a great bottle. I highly recommend picking a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand because they tend to be a bit fruitier and easier to drink than anything from Napa, Chile, Washington or California's Central Coast. Though I'll feature a few from the other regions throughout the next week or so because wine at the liquor store today was 30% off (I love Sunday liquor sales) and y'all know I can't resist a good bargain. So I stocked up.


And thus concludes another edition of A California Girl in the Kitchen. Bon appetit!

No comments: