Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Holiday

July 4, 2007 (a day in the life of ACGIK):
  1. 3:07 am - Get drunk dialed by two of my favorite California people. First off, 1 am in California is, uh, 3 am here. Second, my ringtone is a Dixie Chicks song and I thought my clock radio was going off and kept hitting it, wondering why it wouldn't shut off. Also wondered why the hell I had set it to 3 am on a holiday. Finally realized it was the phone. Fell back asleep.
  2. 6:55 am - Lola woke me up because she had to pee. We took care of business. Went back to sleep.
  3. 8:35 am - Lola woke me up again to do a doodie. I reluctantly got up.
  4. 9:00 am - Made banana pancakes (my specialty) and the world's largest nonfat iced latte with four shots of espresso.
  5. 10:30 am - Started reading The Intelligencer. Fell asleep again as I always do when reading in bed. Somewhat amazed that it was possible after four shots of espresso.
  6. 12 noon - woke up. Bummed around. Cursed my upstairs neighbor who was still playing his loud music. Called security in a fit of anger.
  7. 2:30 pm - Took off to the grocery store for snacks to bring over to Linda B's.
  8. 3:00 pm - Searched in vain for an open liquor store. Finally gave up and bought some 3.2 beer at the Kum & Go. Felt sort of repulsed for even going into the Kum & Go, but chuckled at its name for the one millionth time because I'm mature like that.
  9. 3:30 pm - Got to Linda B's. Drank a 3.2 beer. It was my first. Ever. We talked for a bit. Ate massive quantities of snack foods. Got bitten by two mosquitoes. Sprayed liberal amounts of insect repellent.
  10. 5:30 pm - Ate some BBQ. Felt full and jolly.
  11. 6:00 pm - Laughed maniacally as the sun faded and dark clouds rolled in. Rain began to fall. Shook my fist at everyone setting off fireworks in the neighborhood.
  12. 7:00 pm - Felt as though I was in a war zone. Shook my fist again. Yelled, "Curses!"
  13. 9:00 pm - Full of junk food and 3.2 beer, which did nothing but make me feel bloated, drove home.
  14. 9:15 pm - The Crush called! Woot! Talked for hours. Laughed a bunch. Scheduled a date for this weekend. Woot again!
  15. 11:45 pm - Washed, exfoliated, toned, and moisturized. Hopped in bed. Read. Read some more. Kept reading. Tossed and turned. Spooned The Pug. Peed. Peed again (3.2 beer - nuts!). More tossing and turning. Finally... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

No comments: