Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Uh Oh.

I got my hair done tonight and it looked really cute, I swear. But just now, as I was about to get in the shower (OMG - it's almost midnight?), I decided that it wasn't short enough. And I did the unthinkable.

I got out my kitchen shears and began whacking away like I had an idea of what I was doing.

OMG.

I was like an out of control child who steals the scissors and begins whacking off chunks.

Here's the thing. Cutting hair is a lot more difficult than you might think. I think I've actually made it look ok. In fact, it kind of looks like what I wanted all along. I think. I hope it resembles a cute, shaggy bob. I keep changing my mind every time I look in the mirror. I'm having a bit of a panic attack. Why on earth did I just pay $120 for a haircut (and color - don't panic!) if I couldn't even speak up to say that it wasn't as short as I wanted it? Why did I feel like that might hurt my stylist's feelings? She's fantastic and she probably could have taken it.

I can't believe I've done this.

I suck.

3 comments:

"The D" said...

Pic must be posted. Befores and afters!

Please.

Heidi said...

I am the same way. I have had numerous haircuts/colors that haven't been what I really was hoping for but end up paying and tipping.....Meanwhile crying in the inside that I hate it! It's like I think I will offend their "art"...although, it is my head! I should get what I am paying for, right?

I am sure your hair looks fab. I am with "the d".... Pics please!

Erin said...

and can we get some hair follow-up?