Monday, June 11, 2007

Low Carb

I'm going low carb again. I'm quite motivated to do it right because I seriously need to lose my Kansas weight. It's like baby weight, but put on thanks to an entire state of people who eat fried food and a ton of BBQ. It's a bad influence. I come from the land of the avacado, cucumber and alfalfa sprout sandwich and I am living in the land of chicken fried steak and fried okra (still have no idea what that's about. And I take issue with "chicken fried steak." Shouldn't it just be "fried steak"?). People eat things like fried livers and gizzards. I'm aiming for ahi tuna with cucumber salad.

So yeah, I'm all about the low carb right now. And the Gazelle - thank you, Tony Little. And Windsor Pilates, thank you, Daisy Fuentes. And I'm giving up booze for awhile... because that has so many carbs and calories and it makes me dance on tables. Just kidding, mom.

When I've reached my goal of fitting in my skinny jeans again, I'll take a picture and post it. How's that for accountability? It's kinda like Kirstie Alley wearing a bikini on Oprah... Only not.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

gooo shea! did kirstie wear a bikini on oprah??? glad i missed that.
you can do it girl...but where shall we eat on mon.?

"The D" said...

Chicken Fried Steak is my fav. Its steak (from a cow) but fried like fried chicken hence Chicken Fried Steak.

I don't know if you have read my entire blog but I have lost 65-70 pounds in 9 months (so far). I still have a lot to go. So just so you know, I am right there with you.

Terry said...

I have always had a problem with the terminology "Chicken Fried Steak" It scares me and I won't eat it!!

Heidi said...

I'm right there with ya. Chicken Fried Steak is freaky! My hubs eats it - I'm always creeped out by the whole concept. Anyway, more power to ya. I LOVE SPROUTS!

Oh, and did you know (rumor has it) that Kristie was wearing support hose when she revealed herself in a bikini on Oprah? Weird.