Friday, June 1, 2007

Here Comes Lil' Joey Joe Down the Street!!

Confession: I love New Kids on the Block. Still. My love has never wavered. I still have my NKOTB t-shirt, every tape and CD. And the videos. And a tape of the cartoon. Yes, I own a copy of the CARTOON.
I love them. Shamelessly and unconditionally. Truly, madly, deeply.
All right, you get the idea.

My favorite New Kid of all time - little Joey Joe McIntyre. I used to kiss my poster of him every night before bed. He was sooooooo dreeeeaaaamy. Being nine was awesome. I was in love with a New Kid.

Then Joey had a "comeback" of sorts, circa Fall of 1999. I was all over that sh*t, let me tell you. As a member of the FAN CLUB, I bought my concert ticket for his comeback tour before anyone else could. And then, at Grad Night (I graduated from HS that year), I bought two more tickets off some poor kid named Bryce who wasn't setting foot at a Joey McIntyre concert. I think I paid him $20. Fair trade, I thought.
Anyway, the love of my life, little Joey Joe, is expecting a child with his (lovely, I'm sure) wife. I guess I can put that dream aside now. I will clearly NOT be carrying the love child of Joey McIntyre.

*sigh*

3 comments:

Kerry said...

he's still pretty friggin cute...

NKOTB WSK forever!!!

Heidi said...

I too am a die hard New Kids fan. My first concert. King Dome, 6th Grade- I screamed the entire time. I still have the ticket stub somewhere. :-) Good times!

Hangin' Tough!

Sizzy Siz said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The right stuff.

I still love NKOTB. I might play the Hangin' Tough tape occassionally. When I am home. Alone.