Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Boredom Bonanza


I'm bored. I've been bored for approximately 30 hours. Since the best friend moved away and then became the ex-best friend, I've had a bit more time on my hands than I used to. Don't get me wrong - I like my alone time. I embrace it. But this is a lot of alone time and I'm Just. Plain. Bored.

Boredom can drive you to do crazy things.

Exhibit A: I watched Lindsay Lohan's craptacular flop Just My Luck. And liked it.

Exhibit B: I cleaned my entire 1100 square foot apartment - top to bottom. I mopped. And dusted. Not just, like, picked up my shoes and organized the magazines on my coffee table.

Exhibit C: I finally picked up and started to read the new Conde Nast business magazine, Portfolio. It was kind of like the Vanity Fair of business mags - sorta meaty and fluffy all at once. Much more interesting than Forbes (of which I also have a subscription - odd, but true) and much less interesting than Us Weekly.

Exhibit D: I walked the Pug. And not just so that she could do a doodie. We actually went out into neighborhoods so she could doodie there. Don't worry - I brought a baggie.

Exhibit E: I made chocolate chip cookies. And ate a lot of batter.

On the plus side, I had another date with The Crush on Saturday. It was lovely.

No comments: