Friday, May 18, 2007

Everybody's Working for the Weekend


I'm back in Wichita. Atlanta was GREAT. I only wish I'd had more time to sightsee (unless it was within walking distance of our hotel and served food, we didn't see it). There just really wasn't any time to do much of anything other than work. Which, I suppose, was the point. I should have (in hindsight) given Rachael a call so we could, at the very least, meet for Starbucks.

One of the highlights was dinner at Pittypat's Porch, possibly the craziest restaurant that I have ever had the pleasure to dine in. A group of us checked it out on Tuesday night after a very, very long day of working and conferencing and trying not to fall asleep. The drinks were insanely strong. I ordered their version of a strawberry daquiri (which I realize sounds pretty lame after admitting I'd tried a Rob Roy) and it was like taking a swig out of a bottle of Bacardi. Everything was fabulously southern. There was a strong taxidermy presence,which did slightly repulse me and the food was more expensive than it should have been, but it all was worth it. I don't think we stopped laughing for the entire meal. We followed it up with the best peach cobbler ever.

Anyway, I'm back and still a bit exhausted and looking forward to vegging this weekend. I'm playing Bunco tonight with my DG alumnae friends and Lola and I have a pug event to attend tomorrow and then I forsee lots of naps. Lots and lots of naps.

2 comments:

"The D" said...

Totally off the subject but did you know that Pizza Hut was started in Wichita?

Rachael said...

Ok, so, I forgive you this once. Next time, however, I will be your official Southern Whirlwind Tour Guide... ;-)

Glad you're back, girl!

Rach