Monday, April 30, 2007

Blogging is kind of like a sickness


This is my gagillionth foray into the blogging world. First there was Lost & Bewildered in Beverly Hills. Then came A California Girl in Kansas and it's lil' sister, A California Girl in the Kitchen. Then someone actually agreed to PAY me to do this shiz over at MTV Reality World. Ok, so that's not a gagillion, but that is the short list of those worth mentioning.

I read an article today in The Washington Post (thanks, Jill!) about female bloggers and how they are easy targets for the bottom feeders of the web (harrassers, stalkers, and general sickos). I am quite familiar with these unsavory characters and they are largely the reason why I retired A California Girl in Kansas, The Original.

But the overall message of the article was that women bloggers can't keep giving in. So I'm back. I love blogging. I love the people that I've met through blogging, the fact that I actually get paid to do it and the community that it creates.

So here I am. Again. Bookmark this page and, ya know, check back later.

P.S. The adorable Pug in the pic is Lola. She's nuts, but entirely lovable. She also owns a grass skirt and a lei.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

welcome back, friend.

cam said...

Your pug has a grass skirt and a lei? You are sick. Welcome back Diggety.

Heidi said...

You're back! Yay! I continued to check in.... glad you came back around!

Cheers,
Heidi

Laura said...

You're back, hooray!

Sizzy Siz said...

I am so happy you are back!